Mayo Clinic Florida
- Mayo Clinic Florida: Crawford Endowed Post-doctoral Fellowship in Otolaryngology and Audiology, Focus: The Patient Experience in Audiology and Otolaryngology Clinics
- Contact: David Zapala, PhD, firstname.lastname@example.org, 904-953-0828
- The Department of Otolaryngology and Audiology at the Mayo Clinic in Florida is offering a 1-2 year post-Doctoral fellowship experience for recent Ph.D., Au.D. , or M.D. graduates who have an interest in developing a publication portfolio in applied clinical research. We are developing evidence based processes that emphasize efficient, patient centered assessment and ultimately improve the overall patient experience for those receiving hearing and balance services. The ideal candidate is a self-starter who has a solid understanding of clinical hearing and balance assessment, strong written and verbal communication skills, and is strongly motivated to improve the science of hearing and balance healthcare delivery. Opportunities to participate in NIH funded research and grant writing training are available. The post-doctoral fellow will not provide direct patient care. Rather, the successful applicant will collaborate with the clinical and research staff within the department and across the Mayo Clinic.
- About Mayo Jacksonville:Mayo Clinic is located in Jacksonville, FL, the largest city in area in the continental United States. Jacksonville is a beautiful coastal Florida city that features excellent year-round climate, over 20 miles of beaches and outstanding outdoor recreational, cultural and family-oriented amenities. The “River City by the Sea” has an excellent school system, reasonable cost of living and a thriving business environment. Medical professionals and patients are drawn to Jacksonville by an extraordinary network of high-profile healthcare facilities. Jacksonville continues to grow as more people relocate from all over the U.S. and abroad, to see what the great River City has to offer!
Medical University of South Carolina
- Position description: 5th year Audiology Vestibular Fellowship at the Medical University of South Carolina Department of Otolaryngology and Head & Neck Surgery
- The Medical University of South Carolina, Department of Otolaryngology invites applications for an Audiologist with interest in developing a career with expertise in vestibular clinical evaluation. Candidates must possess a doctoral degree (AuD and/or PhD). This a 1-2 year position that is specifically designed to gain experience in vestibular diagnostic evaluation and interpretation as a member of multi-disciplinary vestibular team including audiologists, physical therapists, nutritionist and otologists as well as develop a portfolio of vestibular related translational research.
- The Department of Otolaryngology has expanded to 23 Otolaryngologists including four Neurotologists and four Pediatric Otolaryngologists. In January 2020, the Division of Audiology will be expanding to 11 Audiologists with two primarily involved with the vestibular program. Diagnostic evaluations are provided primarily at the main campus of MUSC in downtown Charleston
- Job Description: Perform and interpret vestibular evaluations for all ages and may include vHIT, c and oVEMP tests, VNG, eCochG, CDP, audiometry, and impedance testing. Provide documentation/reports as well as appropriate billing for evaluations. Maintain diagnostic equipment, follow proper infection control policies and maintain disposable supplies for the vestibular lab. Participate in monthly Vestibular Team meetings and prepare presentations for two of the meetings. Participate in Department courses which may include presentation. Spend observation time with other disciplinary team members including physicians, physical therapists, and nutritionist. Work with mentor to develop professional development goals.
- Qualifications: AUD or PHD, South Carolina audiology license.
- Link to position description and application: http://careers.pageuppeople.com/756/cw/en-us/job/518296/univ-clinical-instructor-otolaryngology-ent-vestibular
- Questions should be directed to:
- Christine Strange, Au.D., CCC-A
- Clinical Director/Vestibular Program
- Medical University of South Carolina
- 135 Rutledge Ave. #216
- MSC 550
- Charleston, SC 29425
- Phone: 843-792-9671 ; Fax: 843-792-0553 ; email: email@example.com